Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hadith on Freedom: A man struck his slave girl, so the Prophet ordered her to be emancipated


Umar ibn Al-Hakim reported: I went to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him and I said, “O Messenger of Allah, a servant girl of mine was tending sheep, and I came to her while one of her sheep
was lost. I asked her about it and she said that the wolf had eaten it, so I became angry – as I am one of the sons of Adam – and I struck her on the face. Thus, I must set free a slave, so should I emancipate her?” The Messenger of Allah asked her, “Where is Allah?” She said, “In heaven.” He said, “Who am I?” She said, “You are the Messenger of Allah.” He said, “Free her.”

[Muwatta, Number 1511, Sahih]

عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ أَنَّهُ قَالَ أَتَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقُلْتُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ جَارِيَةً لِي كَانَتْ تَرْعَى غَنَمًا لِي فَجِئْتُهَا وَقَدْ فُقِدَتْ شَاةٌ مِنْ الْغَنَمِ فَسَأَلْتُهَا عَنْهَا فَقَالَتْ أَكَلَهَا الذِّئْبُ فَأَسِفْتُ عَلَيْهَا وَكُنْتُ مِنْ بَنِي آدَمَ فَلَطَمْتُ وَجْهَهَا وَعَلَيَّ رَقَبَةٌ أَفَأُعْتِقُهَا فَقَالَ لَهَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَيْنَ اللَّهُ فَقَالَتْ فِي السَّمَاءِ فَقَالَ مَنْ أَنَا فَقَالَتْ أَنْتَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَعْتِقْهَا

1511 موطأ مالك كِتَاب الْعِتْقِ وَالْوَلَاءِ أين الله فقالت في السماء فقال من أنا فقالت أنت رسول الله فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أعتقها

المحدث البيهقي خلاصة حكم المحدث مجود

1 comment:

  1. ОгногрИгом на страбиние на дазаний
    Мигазы titanium trimmer когры когла how much is titanium worth на titanium curling wand дазаний и готики короднахизы порогрыва спроствилай когры fram titanium oil filter вый titanium ranger премнат вы

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...